A number of teaching and non-teaching staff members joined the School of Biomedical Sciences between 1 July and 31 December 2010. They included:
Teaching Staff Members
Prof. XIA Yin, Assistant Professor
Date of Joining the School: 4 August 2010
Thematic Affiliation: Reproduction, Development and Endocrinology
1. Mechanisms of BMP signal transduction.
2. The role of Dragon (RGMb)/BMP in follicle development in the ovary.
3. The role of Dragon/BMP in embryonic kidney development.
4. The role of Dragon/BMP in immunology/inflammation.
5. The role of hemojuvelin (RGMc)/BMP in iron homeostasis.
Prof. FENG Bo, Assistant Professor
Date of Joining the School: 17 November 2010
Thematic Affiliation: Stem Cell and Regeneration
1. Conversion of somatic cells to pluripotent stem cells 2. Discovery of new reprogramming factors
3. Gene regulation for the maintenance and reinstatement of stem cell identity
4. Generation of clinical grade stem cells (iPS)
5. Tissue regeneration
Dr. TANG Mei-Kuen Florence, Instructor I
Date of Joining the School: 16 August 2010
1. Studying the use of small molecules in stem cell biology
2. Studying the application of biomaterial in regenerative medicine
3. Studying of BRE gene expression in human umbilical cord perivascular cells
Non-teaching Staff Members
Mr. MAN Chi-Yeung Samson, Assistant Computer Officer
Date of Joining the School: 2 August 2010
Miss CHAU Kei-Man Betty, Executive Officer II
Date of Joining the School: 16 November 2010