Welcome back! A new semester has been started and, at the same time loads of administrative work and academic research are coming. Now, look at your work schedule. Are you going to do a survey, a questionnaire or collect any data for analysis? Are you preparing an online form for your data collection? If yes, you should stay with this article or otherwise, you might fall prey to personal data leakage or violation of privacy by collecting too much personal data or using a less-secured platform.
Whenever making an online form, you MUST
1. Collect only the data that are necessary to be collected or used;
2. Avoid to use public cloud online form, like Google Form or Vendor Solution, while your data collection includes :
· University ID/ HKID,
· Other personal identifier, e.g. email address/ contact number/ home address;
4. the Personal Information Collection (PIC) Statement or a non-disclosure agreement, stating your purpose of data collection.
You are highly recommended to use a secured platform, for instance, the ITSC WebForm, while collecting the sensitive information including the abovementioned personal data. If you want to know the features of the ITSC WebForm, follow our next issue as we are going to show you the special of this platform!
· The University's Guidelines in Protection of Personal Data (Privacy)