A number of new teaching and non-teaching staff members joined the School of Biomedical Sciences between September and December 2012, including:
Teaching Staff Members
Dr. WONG Wai Kai, Assistant Lecturer
Date of Joining the School: 3 September 2012
Prof. Andrew CHAN, Professor
Date of Joining the School: 27 September 2012
Thematic Affiliation: Cancer and Inflammation
1. Cancer Cell Signaling
2. Regulation of PTEN Tumor Suppressor
3. Ras-related G-proteins and Human Cancer
Prof. Eugene PONOMAREV, Assistant Professor
Date of Joining the School: 19 December 2012
Thematic Affiliation: Neuro-degeneration, -development and Repair
1. Immunological aspects of the regulation of inflammation, particularly the role of tissue resident macrophages (microglia) in the regulation of autoimmune inflammation in the central nervous system (CNS) and the role of platelets in the initiation of inflammatory response in the CNS.
2. The role of microRNAs in adaptation of macrophages and microglia to CNS microenvironment.
3. The role of brain-specific glycolipids in lipid rafts of astrocytes and neurons in the regulation of CNS inflammation.
4. The role of platelet-lipid raft interactions in the regulation of neuroinflammation, neurodegeneration and development.
Non-teaching Staff Members
Mr. IP Wing Sun Paul, Executive Officer II
Date of Joining the School: 14 November 2012