• Visit to SBS was arranged for Salesian English School on 8 January 2016. Around 40 Secondary 4 and 5 students attended the programme consultation session delivered by our teaching staff and were guided to tour the laboratory facilities at Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building (LIBSB) for better understanding of the Programme and our School.
• Career Talk was organized at Wah Yan College, Kowloon on 24 February 2016 for explaining to their Secondary 4 and 5 students the admission requirements of the Programme and the career prospect after graduation.
• To join in the promotional activities for the new undergraduate programmes to be introduced in 2016 organized by the Office of Admission and Financial Aid (OAFA), the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Prof. Chan Wai-yee, School Director of SBS delivered a public lecture on Biomedical Sciences to around 150 Secondary 4 to 6 students in "Public Lecture Series on New Undergraduate Programmes 2016" on 26 February 2016 where prospective students were given the opportunity to understand more about the disciplines and to enquire the details of the Programme.
• Coordinated by OAFA, a group of 50 Form 5 students from Po Leung Kuk Secondary Schools and a group of 40 Form 5 students from International College Hong Kong visited CUHK on 18 March 2016 and 15 April 2016, respectively. Also, with the attendance of around 220 Form 4 and Form 5 students, "The Academic Planning Day for Secondary 5 Students" for planning JUPAS applications coordinated by OAFA was held on 9 April 2016. During their visits to CUHK, consultation sessions for our BSc Programme were arranged and delivered by our academic staff including Prof. Andrew M.L. Chan, Prof. Alisa S.W. Shum and Prof. Kingston K.L. Mak.
• With the participation of 7 school heads, teachers and parents, and around 60 students from 8 secondary schools in Tai Po, a programme consultation session was lined up by Prof. Ko Wing-hung, Assistant Director (Undergraduate Education – Service Teaching), and conducted by Dr. Ann Lau, Assistant Director (Undergraduate Education - BSc in Biomedical Science Programme) at Carmel Holly Work Secondary School on 20 April 2016.
Continuous efforts will be made to further promote our new BSc programme to local secondary students. It is hoped that more well-qualified students with strong interest in biomedical sciences will be attracted to enroll in the programme before and after its launch in September 2016.