New University Software Standards
The University Software Standards have been updated in Jul 2020. The standard is similar to the one last published in Jan 2020. Kindly observe the end of support of the following software and get the recommended one ready.
- Microsoft announced on 17 Aug that “Microsoft 365 apps and services to end support for IE 11; End of support coming to the legacy version of Microsoft Edge“.
- Beginning 30 November 2020, the Microsoft Teams web app will no longer support IE 11.
- Beginning 17 August 2021, the remaining Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support IE 11.
- Microsoft will be ending support for the legacy version of the Microsoft Edge desktop app on 9 March 2021, in favor of the new Microsoft Edge.
- The security update of IE 11 on supporting Windows 10 Builds will still be provided in line with the support of Windows 10. It just that you need to use other supported web browsers to access Microsoft 365 Apps and Services.
- Adobe will end the support for Adobe Flash Player on 31 Dec 2020.
Check our recommended software at https://www.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/all-it/procurement-support/university-software-standards/!
back to issue