The ceremony was officiated by Dr. the Honorable Ko Wing-man, Secretary for Food and Health, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region; Mr. Wang Zhutian, Assistant Director, China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment; Dr. Lo Tak-shing, Peter, Chairman, K.S. Lo Foundation; Mr. Lo Yau-lai, Winston, Executive Chairman, Vitasoy International Holdings Ltd.; and Prof. Joseph J. Y. Sung, Vice-Chancellor and President, CUHK, and was joyfully attended by over 150 distinguished guests and University members. After the plaque unveiling ceremony and the lion dance performance, the officiating guests, other guests of honors and visitors took part in the guide tours to learn more about the internal design and the state-of-the-art equipment and technology available in the new building.
Situated at the Northside Research Campus of the University, the nine-storey research building was named after the late Dr. K.S. Lo, Founder of the Vitasoy Group and the K.S. Lo Foundation, in recognition of the Foundation's generous support to the University's commitment to developing cutting-edge biomedical research.
Please visit http://www.cpr.cuhk.edu.hk/en/press_detail.php?1=1&id=1377 and http://www.cpr.cuhk.edu.hk/en/events_recap_detail.php?1=1&1=1&id=78&s for the corresponding press release as well as the photos taken and the video of the new building shown during this event. Meanwhile, please click HERE for the environmental-friendly features of the new building as covered in the University's publication "Sustainable Campus".