We Have Done More for You
2019 and 2020 have been challenging, no matter to a student, teacher or staff. While keeping social distance, everyone is trying his / her best to maintain daily life, the learning, research and work.
And we are here to support you!
- More Services & Stronger Infrastructure for eLearning
- Online class and video conferencing solution, Zoom / Teams
- One-stop features in Blackboard
- Blackboard course material available for students in waitlist before and during the add/drop period i.e. 6 – 25 Sep 2020
- Zoom integration in Blackboard
- CUHK VPN Add-on Service for Mainland students to access learning tools e.g. Library e-resources
- Virtual labs for students and teachers who need SAS/SPSS/MatLab
- (Coming) AWS direct connect among JUCC* data centres to have more consistent network experience, more bandwidth but less cost
- Showing What Technology Suits You
- Online trainings (some with briefing notes and recordings available)
- 40+ online workshops to introduce eLearning tools and services, dedicated to teachers, students, administrative and teaching support
- Online briefings and orientation videos to brief essential IT services for new students & new staff
- Sharing sessions on how to secure an online meeting event for college and admin staff, and also student orientation organizers
- Technology sharing sessions for IT support
- Security guidelines for using different technology
- Standing by You with Instant Support
- Extended support hours with ITSC staff standby until 9:30PM during exam period, online teaching peak and new service launch
- Acting as consultants / IT support for mega-events in CUHK e.g. University meetings, ocamp
- Looking Forwarding to Seeing You
- More WiFi Access Points in areas managed by RES, including Sir Run Run Shaw Hall, Multi-purpose Hall of Pommeranke
- Free CU Link card mailing service to new students in Hong Kong
We hope you have a great experience with our services above. For any suggestion or comments to ITSC services, you are welcome to contact ITSC Service Desk (https://servicedesk.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk, 39438845).
*JUCC is Joint Universities Computer Centre in which CUHK ITSC is one of its members.
back to issue